23 May 2015
Date: 23 May 2015
Time: 4:30pm, 6:30pm and 8:30pm
Venue: Entrance Hall staircases, 3/F, Toni-Areal, Zurich University of the Arts, Pfingstweidstrasse 96, Zürich
- Bettina Diel, Visual Artist
- Ivan Monteiro Feitosa, Media Artist
- Fabian Gutscher, Sound Artist
- Santayana Wing-lui Li, Actress/Playwright (Hong Kong)
- Matthias Mueller, Composer/Musician
- Nuria Prazak, Choreographer/Dancer
- Benjamin Ryser, Composer
- Andres Villa Torres, Interaction Designer
- Kaspar Weiss, Actor
- Lichttechnik Produktionszentrum ZHdK, Lighting Technical Support
- Dennis Baesecke, Audio Set-up
- Brandon Farnsworth, Promotion Text
“When different individuals cross each other’s path, there results a connection. The question then becomes whether or not the connection is a true one.” — Ivanhoe Lam
ODD COUPLINGS is a performance by the Hong Kong-based choreographer Ivanhoe Lam in collaboration with Swiss scenographer Barbra Pfyffer. It is the product of his three months residency with the City of Zurich Artist-in-Residence Programme, during which time he has built relationships and collaborations with a number of artists.
The performance weaves together a patchwork of small vignettes of these collaborations into an unlikely narrative, one that creates, by a process of delicate layering of small fragments, an intimate look into these encounters during his stay in Switzerland.
Admission and Enquiry
Supported by Kultur Stadt Zürich and Migros Kulturprozent.