Chinese Contemporary Art Award (CCAA)
Diploma of Advanced Studies
‘Executive Education on Global Culture’,
Zurich University of the Arts, Hong Kong
Dates: 1 – 3 December 2017
Times: 10am- 5pm
Venue: Connecting Space Hong Kong
Application open for participants until 1 November 2017
The intensive 3-day course “Chinese Contemporary Art Award (CCAA)” is part of the Diploma of Advanced Studies ‘Executive Education on Global Culture’ offered by the Zurich University of the Arts.
For more information please click here.
“Chinese Contemporary Art Award (CCAA)” offers creative artists, cultural producers, and members of the general public exclusive insights into contemporary Chinese art, first-hand information about the art scene in China, and a wide range of contacts with relevant local and international institutions and actors. Coursework focuses on two key examples:
The Sigg Collection and Hong Kong’s M+ Museum. Sessions build specialist knowledge and skills based on an approach to teaching and research developed especially for this programme. The research undertaken at the Institute for Contemporary Art Research (IFCAR), together with practical case studies on the development of Chinese contemporary art since the 1980s, ensure that this
further education opportunity provides a completely new approach to its subject.
The programme offers an attractive mixture of theory and practice. Faculty includes some of the world’s leading experts in the field.
Initiating what will become an ongoing research endeavour, the course provides unique insights into:
- The Sigg Collection as a document of Chinese contemporary art since its beginnings
- The CCAA as a narrative of the emergence of a Chinese art scene since the late 1990s
- The establishment of the M+ Museum as a politically independent flagship of Chinese contemporary art
- Curating Chinese contemporary art
- Hong Kong as an example revealing the “local” and “global” aspects of an Asian metropolis and its cultural landscape
- Art and the (art) market from the perspective of Hong Kong as a hub of the international art market
The course “Chinese Contemporary Art Award (CCAA)” aims to
- advance knowledge and professional practice in the field of contemporary Chinese art
- define collection strategies and their dynamics since the 1990s and for the near future
- develop criteria for the critical engagement with contemporary Chinese art
- provide insights into the establishment of an exemplary museum in Asia on the scale of the Centre Pompidou or the Tate Modern using the example of Hong Kong’s M+
- clarify strategies for the siting of art institutions in Hong Kong as an example of the emergence of a cultural landscape in Asian metropolises
This course can be elected as one module towards a Diploma of Advanced Studies ‘Executive Education on Global Culture’ or can be taken individually.
Michael Schindhelm is a writer, filmmaker, curator, and adviser to various international organisations;
Prof. Elisabeth Danuser, Head of Further Education, ZHdK;
1 course (Case study): CHF 800 / HKD 6,500
Diploma of Advanced Studies ‘Executive Education on Global Culture’: CHF 5,500 / HKD 42,000 (including 3 cases and module mentored project development)
Please register for the course at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Terms and Conditions
The terms and conditions Further Education ZHdK are the same for the course in Zurich and in Hong Kong. Applicants send in the completed admission form and accept with their signature the conditions of ZHdK.
The Course is registered as a Non-local Course by the Education Bureau of HKSAR under the Registration Number 272703.
It is a matter of discretion for individual employers to recognize any qualification to which this course may lead.